OJR Education Foundation
Spring 2020 Information Packet
Saturday, March 28th 8:00 am – 12:30 pm
To sell children’s items at the OJR Education Foundation sale and earn a rate of 70% of your total sales. The Education Foundation will earn 30% of the seller’s total sales. The Education Foundation provides funding for the mini grant program for all OJR teachers.
Seller: A person who wishes to sell gently used children and teen clothing and other items. After registering a seller will be assigned a number and can then prepare items for sale using the Education Foundation tags. Sellers receive 2 passes for the presale. Sellers are responsible for working a two-hour shift during the sale or set up. All sellers are expected at 12:30 for clean up. Seller numbers may be reused for future sales, however, seller numbers that have been dormant for 4 consecutive sales will be reassigned.
REGISTRATION – DUE by March 22nd
- Register to sell children’s items at the OJR Education Foundation sale and earn a rate of 66-70% of your total sales. The Education Foundation will earn 30-34% of the seller’s total sales.
- REGISTER ONLINE!
- Forms may be emailed to email@example.com.
- You may also register by submitting the registration form to the Administration Building c/o OJREF Consignment Sale. The Admin Building is open Monday- Friday 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM and the address is 901 Ridge Rd Pottstown, PA 19465.
- The registration fee is $5.00 and (new this sale) will be deducted from your sale check.
- Registration fee will be waived if you refer a new seller.
- After registering a seller will be assigned a number and can then prepare items for sale using the Education Foundation tags. (See next section.)
- Sellers may keep their number for future sales, however, seller numbers that have been dormant for 4 consecutive sales will be reassigned.
- Sellers will receive 2 passes for the Friday evening presale.
- Tags are ordered when you register, or email us any time after to request more tags.
- White Tags – Items will be discounted 50% @ 11:00 AM. Unsold white tag items are returned to the seller. Cost: $2.00/50 tags
- Red Tags – Items will not be discounted 50% @ 11 AM. Unsold red tag items are returned to the seller. Cost: $1.00/25 tags
- Blue Tags – Items will be discounted 50% @ 11:00 AM. Unsold blue tag items will be donated. Cost: Free
- Tags may not be picked up until registration has been received.
- Payment for tags will be deducted from your sale check.
- Tags may be sent home with your OJR student upon request.
- There is a supply of tags at the Administration Building. You may stop by during open hours to request additional tags.Sellers are responsible for securely attaching sale tags. The Owen J Roberts Education foundation is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen items.
VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS FOR SELLERS
- Two hour volunteer shift (during sale preparation or during the sale)
- Sale clean-up shift (approximate time 12:30-2:00pm on Saturday)
- Proceeds reduced by 2% for each missed shift.
- You may have someone else work your shift in your place.
- Sign-up genius link will go out one to two weeks before the sale.
- Event Organizers – Allie Hess and Joyce Shutt firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education Foundation Director – Cindy Hutcheson email@example.com or (773) 544-6080.
Thursday, March 26, 2020
4:00 pm – 7:00 pm Drop-Off at OJR Middle School Gym.
Sellers place their items out on the sale floor. Look for signs on tables and racks to guide you.
Friday, March 27, 2020
8:00 – 9:45am Drop-Off, if needed. All items must be placed by 10:00am
8:00 – 4pm Volunteers organize and the sale floor and finalize special displays.
4:30 pm Presale begins for Sale Management Team and special guests.
5:30 pm Presale begins for Sellers and Volunteers with passes.
6:30 pm Presale begins for all OJR employees (any OJR badge accepted for entry).
7:30 pm Presale ends; last minute preparations for Saturday morning.
Saturday, March 28, 2020
7:30 am First shift volunteers arrive
8:00 am SALE begins!
11:00 am 50% off sale begins
12:30 pm Sale ends and begin clean-up; sort unsold items to charities & sellers
1:30-2:00 pm Sellers pick-up unsold items
2:00 pm Estimated end of cleanup
- Unsold item Pick-Up is by 2:00 pm, Saturday. (Items will be placed in the box / bin you provide with your Seller number clearly labeled). We will no longer be contacting individuals who have items left behind.
- ALL unclaimed items will be donated to charity.
- Following the sale, you will be notified when your check is ready for pick up.
GUIDELINES FOR ACCEPTABLE ITEMS
|Baby and children’s shoes||Out of season clothing* (especially no snow suits at spring sale and no swim wear at the fall sale)|
|Baby and children’s clothing up to size 16||Underwear (unless new in package)|
|Juniors brands and style clothing||Clothing that shows signs of wear, pilled, stained, torn, or is out of style cannot be accepted. If more than one child has worn the item, it may be worn out.|
|Maternity||Clothing priced $0.50 or less.|
|Dress up clothing|
|Jewelry and Accessories|
|Belts Bags and purses|
|DVDs and CDs||VHS tapes|
|Books, toys and games||Dirty toys/equipment|
|Toy storage racks and bins and shelves||Toys/equipment with missing essential parts (e.g. exersaucers without toys or accessories)|
|Outdoor play equipment||Older or recalled baby equipment|
|Sporting equipment||Pacifiers or bottle nipples (unless new in package)|
|Tricycles/bikes/riding toys||Adult size sleeping bags|
|Nursery and room décor||Bed pillows|
|Baby monitors||Comforters larger than twin size (larger accepted if appropriate for child’s bedroom)|
|Diaper bags and baby carriers||Items priced $0.50 or less|
|Pack n Plays|
|Exersaucers, high chairs, and booster seats|
|Safety gates and Bed rails|
|Stuffed animals (limit of 10 per seller, must be clean and we suggest unique or high demand characters)|
The below items are subject to the PA Bedding and Upholstery Laws, they will be cleaned and have a PA yellow consumer tag attached to the item on Friday morning. Ideally these items are dropped off on Thursday:
- Chairs with cushions
- Strollers with padded seats
- Comforters for cribs or twin beds
- Pack N Play mattresses
- Exersaucers or other padded baby items
- Baby carriers