OJR Education Foundation
Consignment Sale Information Packet
Saturday, March 30th 8:00 am – 12:30 pm
To sell children’s items at the OJR Education Foundation sale and earn a rate of 70% of your total sales. The Education Foundation will earn 30% of the seller’s total sales. The Education Foundation provides funding for the mini grant program for all OJR teachers.
Seller: A person who wishes to sell gently used children and teen clothing and other items. After registering a seller will be assigned a number and can then prepare items for sale using the Education Foundation tags. Sellers receive 2 passes for the presale. Sellers are responsible for working a two-hour shift during the sale or set up. All sellers are expected at 12:30 for clean up. Seller numbers may be reused for future sales, however, seller numbers that have been dormant for 4 consecutive sales will be reassigned.
REGISTRATION – DUE by March 22nd
- REGISTER ONLINE!
- You may also register by submitting the registration form to the Administration Building c/o OJREF Consignment Sale. The Admin Building is open Monday- Friday 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Forms may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and fees may be mailed to or dropped off at the Admin Building.
- You may buy tags via the registration form and pick them up at the Administration Building.
- Read these instructions for Sale Preparation and Tagging.
- Red Tags – (not donated and not reduced) – Use for all items not to be discounted at 11am and
unsold red tags items will be returned to the seller. Sellers will be responsible for picking these
items up after the sale, by 2:00 pm. Red tags are available for $2.00 for a pack of 50 tags. Sellers
who want a small number of red tags may request 25 tags for $1.00.
- White Tags – (not donated but can be reduced) – Use for items that can be reduced during the 50%
off sale time. These items will be returned to the seller. Sellers will be responsible for picking these
items up after the sale, by 2:00 pm. White tags are available for $2.00 for a pack of 50 tags.
- Blue Tags – (donated and reduced) – Use with items that will be reduced during the 50% off sale
time and items that will be donated, if unsold. Sellers donating all proceeds to the OJR Education
Foundation should use Blue Tags.
- Tags may not be picked up unless payment has been received in full.
- Sellers are responsible for securely attaching sale tags. The Owen J Roberts Education foundation is
not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen items.
VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS FOR SELLERS
Every seller must sign up for a 2 hour sale preparation or sale shift AND all sellers are required to sign up for a clean up task at 12:30 on Saturday. If you cannot volunteer during one of the times mentioned, you will have your earnings reduced by 2% for each shift missed. You may have someone else work your shift for you – spouse, high school age child, friend. You will be required to sign in for your shift! Failure to sign in will result in a deduction to your earnings.
A sign-up genius link will go out one to two weeks before the sale and will list the available volunteer shifts.
Allie Hess email@example.com
Joyce Shutt firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathleen Hocker (610) 469-0594 or email@example.com
OJR Administration Building Address: 901 Ridge Road Pottstown, PA 19465
Thursday, March 28th from 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Friday, March 29th from 8:00 am – 9:45 am (all items must be placed by 9:45 am)
Where: OJR Middle School gymnasium
- Sellers are asked to place their items out on the sale floor at this time. Members of the Education Foundation and volunteers will then arrange and organize everything before the presale on Friday evening.
- Any items that do not meet the guideline requirements (including all 50 cent items) will be removed from the sale prior to the presale. Education Foundation volunteers may remove an item at any time prior to or during the sale.
END OF SALE PROCEDURE
- Unsold item Pick-Up is by 2:00 pm, Saturday. (Items will be placed in the box / bin you provide with your Seller number clearly labeled). We will no longer be contacting individuals who have items left behind. If any of your items are left at 2pm they will be donated.
- ALL unclaimed items will be donated to charity.
- Following the sale, you will be notified when your check is ready.
*Please note – There will be NO sales prior to 5:30pm on Friday night. There will be no holds overnight on Friday and anything sent to the hold area will be returned to the sale floor if not purchased within 30 minutes.
Thursday, March 28, 2019
4:00 pm – 7:00 pm Drop off
Friday, March 29, 2019
8:00 – 9:45am Drop-Off, if needed
8:00-4pm Volunteers organize and the sale floor and finalize special displays.
5:30 pm Presale begins for Sellers and Volunteers
6:30 pm Presale begins for all OJR employees (any OJR badge accepted for entry)
7:30 pm Presale ends; last minute preparations for Saturday morning.
Saturday, March 30, 2019
7:30 am First shift volunteers arrive
8:00 am SALE begins!
11:00 am 50% off sale begins
12:30 pm Sale ends and begin clean-up; sort unsold items to charities & sellers
1:30-2:00 pm Sellers pick-up unsold items
2:00 pm Estimated end of cleanup
Please review the list of acceptable items for the sale
Choose high quality clothing items to consign. Be sure all clothing and children’s items are clean, stain free, and in good condition. Items that are not appropriate for the sale will be removed – dirty and stained clothing will be removed from the sale floor, out of season clothing may be placed in bins under sale tables. Items with tags attached via straight pins will be removed from the sale floor.
*We will no longer accept items marked 50 cents. Any item priced less than $1.00 will be removed from the sale floor.
|Baby and children’s shoes||Out of season clothing|
|Baby and children’s clothing up to size 16||Underwear (unless new in package)|
|Juniors brands and style clothing||Clothing that shows signs of wear, pilled, stained, torn, or is out of style cannot be accepted. If more than one child has worn the item, it may be worn out.|
Children’s Items- Please make sure all children’s items are clean, contain all parts and are in working order. Items that are not appropriate or on the not accepted list will be removed from the sale floor.
|Toys and games||VHS tapes|
|Outdoor play equipment||Older or recalled baby equipment|
|Pack n Plays||Stuffed animals|
|Tricycles/bikes/riding toys||Pacifiers or bottle nipples (unless new in package)|
|Nursery and room décor||Bed pillows|
|Children’s Furniture||Comforters larger than twin size|
|Activity mats||Toys/equipment that have not been wiped/washed clean|
|Diaper bags and baby carriers||Toys/equipment with missing essential parts (e.g. exersaucers without toys or accessories)|
|DVDs and books for children|
|Safety gates and Bed rails|
|Exersaucers, high chairs, and booster seats|
|Bags and purses|
|Toy storage racks and bins and shelves|
THESE ITEMS WILL BE FEATURED IN SPECIAL DISPLAYS
(subject to change based on inventory)
- Small valuable items – jewelry and small electronics (fitbits, cell phones, tablets, video game systems, etc.) These items must have securely attached tags. They will be at a staffed table and items will be sent directly to the hold area if someone wishes to buy the item.
- Name brand athletic clothing – Nike, Adidas, Under Armor
- OJR Spirit wear
- Philadelphia sports teams
- Toys that are new in original packaging
These items are subject to the PA Bedding and Upholstery Laws, ideally these items are dropped on Thursday, the day before the pre-sale:
- Chairs with cushions
- Strollers with padded seats
- Comforters for cribs or twin beds
- Pack N Play mattresses
- Exersaucers or other padded baby items
- Baby carriers
These items will be cleaned and have a PA yellow consumer tag attached to the seller tag on the Friday of the pre-sale.